The Matthews Veeboxx studio equipment is a portable softbox enclosure that works with Matthews’The claw‘to help transform the Titan Tube Astera 40 “ in a diffused light source. The claw and the VeeBoxx combine to provide a safe and convenient solution for use with Astera Titan tubes.
- Three removable diffusion options on the front panel: Voodoo Cloth, 1/2 Grid (Lite) and 1/4 Grid
- Strategically placed internal-external hook-and-loop fasteners secure the panel to the body and allow the control grille to be attached
- Reflective silver interior maximizes light output
- Ripstop black body prevents light loss
- Zippered rear opening extends the full length of the body, allows offset mounting and access to tube controls
- The body folds up like an accordion for easy transport
- Kit includes small cloth bag and The Claw for a complete mounting system
The Veeboxx has three removable facades with different levels of diffusion:
- Voodoo fabric
- 1/2 Grid
Diffusion is secured by hook and loop. A reflective interior in VeeBoxx maximizes tube output. A rear zipper opening runs the full length of the body which allows easy access to the back of the fixture.
The claw fits into the rear zipper to facilitate mounting of the light tube to standard gripper heads in several ways.
The exterior of the softbox is black ripstop fabric with a silver reflective material inside. Designed around the Titan tube, the ingenious design of VeeBoxx allows it to fold compactly into an accordion, for storage and transport.
Fully assembled, the VeeBoxx measures 43 “wide X 6” / 109 x 15cm high and 5.5 “/ 14cm deep and weighs 2.7 lbs / 1.2 kg. The area of ââthe diffusion panel is 40 “x 6” / 101 x 15cm.
Pricing and availability
The Claw & VeeBoxx set including carry bag is available from Matthews Studio Equipment and various distributors around the world for $ 449.